Elderly women in our community will live well and with dignity.
We furnish financial assistance,provide friendship,
and promote the welfare and relief of elderly women.
We do this by:
- Investing in and collaborating with our community partners to identify and address women’s unmet needs.
- Meeting our beneficiaries’ needs through one time, intermittent or ongoing financial support.
- Providing friendship to women through social visits.
ARAW directly supports individual women, as well as programs,
within the Greater New Bedford area. Support may include, but is not limited to:
- Direct financial support for daily living needs
- Friendly visitors
- Advocacy and referrals to community resources
- Social gathering and lunches
The Association’s primary purpose is to improve the quality of life of elderly women